Monday, May 7, 2012

City Museum St. Louis

 Wow!  Did we have a blast this weekend!  We are now big-time recommenders of St. Louis' City Museum...we will have to go back, because we didn't have enough time to see all of it.  Plus the roof-top opens next weekend. 
 How to describe this museum??  Well, I'd say it's a zany, creative, trash-dump turned indoor/outdoor adventure park.  Get ready to either re-live being a kid or come to the realization that you're getting old.  (ouch!)  This museum is for the adventure-some and strong in spirit...great training ground, for sure!  And, you can't be afraid of heights at this place!
 The boys piling up at the bottom of the "10 Story Slide"  (it's not actually 10...just 3:)
 Skate-board park...w/out the skate boards.  I thought this part would be boring, but even Justin and I had a blast!

 Justin and Madeline w/ their painted "tatoos" :)


 There's a train track for little kids, complete w/ a mini-conductor.  Samuel wanted to know why he was so little...I had to explain what a dwarf was.  :)
   This place was so fun...and the fun thing, was, that the kids were encouraged to make a mess, create, explore, and have fun. An idea was born here at the craft station...I need a kid-friendly craft room in my house!!  How fun to have a room that can stay messy and the kids can do all those "mom-hater" crafts...like painting and glitter w/out worrying about tracking it all over the house.  Ok...maybe I can transform part of the dungeon,..er, I mean my basement sometime.  :)

 There was a 6 and under toddler area...the kids like the ball pit :)

 Ever been on a life-sized gerbil wheel??  Samuel, William, Justin and I jumped on and were not expecting how fast that thing goes and how tricky it is to stop.  We laughed and laughed...even the people watching us were laughing...so fun!  Oh, and it's loud too...right up the boys' alley!
 A rolley-slide...the more you weigh, the faster you go.  I laughed so hard at some of the adults that went down...it looked slightly painful, though, so I didn't try that slide. :)
 This place has climby, crawly areas all over.  The boys scrambled across the log and shouted back to Justin, "Hey, Dad!   We're racoons!"  Justin said he seriously thought he was stuck in the log...some of the spaces were hard to squeeze through.  I enjoyed watching them from my stroller-watching perch.  I climbed through some with them, but it made me semi-clausterphobic...didn't know that about myself. :)


Well, we will definitely be going back to this place!  There were 2 lg. exhibits that we didn't see + the kids would have so much fun again.  We could easily spend a full day there.  It was well worth the $$...but I won't be bringing the double stroller again...it's not exactly stroller-friendly. :) 

No comments: