Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Picture Post...

While some of our house renovations were underway, we headed South to visit Justin's Mom and soak up some sun.  As it turns out, we happened to miss a HUGE blizzard and -30 temperatures.  We arrived home a few days ago, and I am currently sitting in MY house at MY computer typing out this blog post.  We took showers in OUR bathtub and slept in OUR OWN crisp, clean beds.  Yippee!!  It probably sounds dramatic, but after living nearly 3 months out of laundry baskets and sleeping in 1 bedroom at my parents' house, IT'S EXCITING!! :) 
Our washing machine (and my G-ma's and my mom's) have been chugging pretty much constantly since we came home a few days ago.  We've begun the huge process of moving back in.  Our carpet actually get's installed today.  Everything we own has to be cleaned or laundered.  My house has never been so spotless!  I've cleaned things that have never been cleaned in the whole 9 years I've been married.  LOL!!  I'm hoping to get the kids' legos and other beloved toys washed, organized, and put away.  It's actually a fun challenge to re-organize everything.  I'm really trying to be efficient here.  Not everything that was in the house is coming back in!  Thankfully we have a new shed, which means more storage!  It's amazing how much storage a family of 6 needs! I do save clothes in tubs...so we can do the hand-me-down thing.  All the baby gear is going into storage...etc.  I'm excited the extra closet space we will have, by utilizing that storage space outside of the house!
Anyway...here are a few pictures of our fun trip!












1 comment:

Vanderpolclan said...

So sorry to read of your house problems. Thankful you had somewhere else to go. The warm weather looks delightful, as it is -32C here.

Your kids are definately growing up! Glad you could have a relaxing holiday. Nothing like refreshment.
Cindy