Thursday, September 17, 2009

Some Healthful Sites...

There's a lot of news swirling around about swine flu...plus just colds and flu's in general. I've been interested in herbs and natural healing for a long time. Just recently, I've been researching and trying different remedies. I thought I'd pass along some helpful websites and resources. The idea that God gave us medicinal plants and herbs--to use--is very intriguing to me!
www.bulkherbstore.com (lots of good info...bulk herbs and accessories for sale...good remedies, and herbal mixtures)
www.heritageessentialoils.com (essential oils and info)
www.mountainroseherbs.com (this site has you-tube videos on various "how to's"--like making your own elderberry syrup, various tinctures, and salves)
http://merryheartmedicine.com (this is a health forum)
www.welltellme.com (this is the same)
www.beeyoutiful.com (this is where I buy our vitamins...I trust their products and they have good articles and information--they carry a lot of great products!)

~just thought I'd pass these resources along~

4 comments:

Elizabeth Sue said...

Have you heard of a product called Sambucol? I haven't tried it yet, but I am thinking of having our family take it this cold and flu season. It is a black elderberry syrup. I think you can buy it at Walgreens or CVS. Anyway, thanks for the links. I too am quite intersted in remedies and natural cures.

Monica said...

Hi Megan,
Our family is also interested in natural remedies and healthy eating. I thought you might like the video below of Dr. Joseph Mercola talking about the use of vitamin D in fighting against the flu and Swine Flu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15ycdbSsnAU&feature=related

Blessings,
Monica
www.soakingupthesonshine.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have a post on this as well. We are also going with Sambucol/Sambucus and grapefruit seed extract.
Blessings,
Laura

Connie Leis said...

Sara was just telling me this morning that our chiroprator said that she takes grapefruit seed oil I think that is what she said. She said it works good. Her and her husband are both chiroprators andthey take herbs,minerals and all health food items. I don't think they actually even go to the M.D. for much of any thing. They have an adjustment for almost all of your elments as well! They are never sick either! Could be something to it.
Connie in VA