Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Belated Mother's Day PIctures...

We hosted M's Day lunch at our house after church.

The kids were so excited for G-ma Janeen and Poppa Lou to come! We don't see them as often as the fam across the driveway. :)


Me and my chick-a-dees. Bummer the lighting wasn't so great and the kids weren't in the picture taking mood. :) Oh, well...tis life.

(they were trying:)


Hanging out by the grill, while the other Papa takes a snooze...

Wow! They could almost be twins!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mother's Day Eve...the kids wanted to give me my present...

What's so funny, Madeline?



We've kinda got the chicken theme going around here. :) My other "gift" was the little 1950's kitchen cart I bought for $7 at an Amish thrift store. Justin's friend at work worked a miracle and removed all the rust and painted it shiny black. It's adorable! :) It's our time-saver for cleanup at suppertime. I'll have to post a picture of it.

Me after a long day of house-scrubbing and cooking :) W/ 3 of my favorite people in the world!

I just finished a child training book, the other day. One part really stood out to me. It was the question, "What is Maturity?" The book defined maturity as having 3 parts:

1. Self-control: not being ruled by passions, emotions, desires, wishes, or curiosity; freedom from having to do what one feels like doing; the ability to choose to do what is right; fosters the selflessness necessary for love of others

2. Wisdom: understanding; insight; ablility to learn from experience; ablility to make sound decisions; handling stressful problems w/ a level head; possible only when not ruled by passions(self-control)

3. Responsibility: accepting personal responsibility for one's own actions, as well as faith and conscientious work habits;

I laughed when I read that. I was thinking how motherhood, specifically, has started to develop maturity in my life. How can I expect maturity from my children, if my life isn't defined by it?! Wow...how many days am I ruled by emotions and desires, and wanting to do my own thing?! I'm learning to learn from my experiences and handling stressful problems w/ a level head Wow... Thankfully the Lord can use the season of Motherhood to work in me the things that didn't "stick" when I was a child. So, during the crazy days, hopefully I can remember that God is trying to work out maturity in me. No wonder I find myself praying for grace, mercy, wisdom, patience and self-control! I don't have enough of those things...but I know One who does. Thankfully the Lord is there to help us during the most un-graceful and messy days of Mommyhood!

While I'm on the subject...the more children I've had and the longer I live, the more I realize how much my own Mom did/and does for us kids! Seriously, she's super-mom. She had more than double the kids and half the help than I do! I'm so grateful for her paving the way for me! I'm so blessed to have such a dear Mom, Grandma's, and a wonderful Mother-in-law!

Happy Belated Mother's Day...

No comments: