Saturday, May 8, 2010

A few celebrations...

Luv this girlie...she's becoming quite the little helper in the kitchen! She snacked on a radish and helped me wash spinach and kale from the garden. She definitely has the salad spinner down pat. :)





A manly dinner for Justin's birthday. The only bummer was that I realized I forgot to bake the potatoes...oops! It was very yummy anyway, and, my goodness, the kids definitely enjoyed the steaks! We finally had to put a cap on their requests for more and more and more. :)


The kids and I made a trip to Walmart to select some special treats for dessert and a gift for Daddy. (I hope I didn't look as stressed as I felt as we marched through Walmart. The kids were quite happy...but I was trying to protect the bread, bananas, and my mother-in-law's M's Day gift from getting smashed or trampled. They were greeting everyone we saw, as well. Yes...shopping w/ children can be quite the experience. :)

Enjoying the ice cream--Madeline makes this silly face now when I take her picture. She's saying "Cheese!"

I love the age Samuel's at right now. He's ever so sincere and assumes everyone thinks like he does. He loved watching Justin open his card and the presents he selected from around the house. He told Justin, "Daddy, you can keep the card." He wrote exactly what he wanted his card to say.

The big bag was full of things from Samuel: a gigantic book: Memoirs of Robert E. Lee, The Self-Sufficient Life Homesteading Manual, an assortment of his favorite dinosaurs and a ball. I loved watching the boys' facial expressions...they thought it was the greatest gift. :)

The kids actually "bought" him a Stanley Thermos. He was in great need of a leak-proof caffeine container. :) An attempt at a family picture...kind of.

I'm also happy to announce that today we're also celebrating our engagement anniversary. 6 happy years ago, Justin asked me to marry him. I'm SO glad we said "Yes!" (Man, that seems like forever ago! Much has changed!)
I have a lot going the next few days, so I have to run, but if I get a chance, I'll have to post the pictures of the kids singing "Happy Birthday"--it's a hoot!
Happy Weekend!!

1 comment:

Diehm Family said...

You're such a fun Momma. I wanna be like that.