Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Our House...66 yrs. ago

My Grandma came across this picture when she was going through some things. I thought it was really neat. I'd like to enlarge it and frame it. This was my Great-Grandpa's house...my Grandpa Max moved in when he was in High School. After my Great-Grandpa sold it, it was owned by several different people, and then finally abandoned. It sat empty except for the cats, other animals, and partiers that tramped in and out for several years. It's right across the driveway from my Grandparents house and right on my Dad's farm. When it came up for sale, it was either: tear it down or fix it up. (It looked horrible...looking back at pictures!) Well...Justin and I (and LOTS of helpers) gutted this house 9 years ago...and it's been our home for almost 7 years now.
(love that old truck in the driveway)

2 comments:

Leisel Spafford said...

What a beautiful picture!...That is so cool to have a piece of family history, stay in the family like that! You guys have an amazingly close-knit family...to be able to live right across from your grandparents and on your Dad's property is such a big blessing...What a blessing for your children to have them so close and involved in their lives! That is my Mom and Dad's dream, but there are 9 of us kids and we only live on 5 acres...so that might be kind of a tight squeeze! ;)

amber said...

awesome! newer homes just can't compare to the character of these old ones~

what a heritage to live in the same place as your great grandfather. very cool!