Saturday, November 12, 2011

Update and picture from the past month...

Well, it's 12:20 a.m. and I'm really hoping Benjamin is down for the night. I'll give him a few minutes, then I'm off to bed. I think the poor guy is teething...but the Tylenol is not working?? Anyway...here's a taste of what has been going on in the Goff household:
Madeline helping Benjamin eat, so Mommy can get supper going...(she's such a good big sister) Deer processing Doe #1...Doe #2 went down tonight, so they'll be more meat grinding in a few days.



Couldn't resist posting this one...love his chubby legs. :) Aren't they the best? (esp. after lil' skinny mini--she never had rolls) :)





Here are our adopted outside cats. (emphasizing outside) Benjamin loves to watch them out the window. At night the three of them play hide-n-peek. :)






Carving pumpkins...it's a Daddy project w/ the kids. (this pose took about 6 tries...)


Father/Son Campout...the boys were able to camp outside in a tent everynight w/ Justin. Brr! And btw, it was another successful camp...the Lord answered lots of prayers in regard to that...
Fort-building w/ Daddy last weekend. It's winterized. :)
And last, but not least, Madeline's breakfast date w/ Daddy. Justin started taking the kids out individually for breakfast every Saturday morning. Madeline's turn was last Saturday...William went this morning. :) Madeline was the favorite girl in the little diner in town. She had her nails painted, hair braided in a crown, fancy shoes, and her dress-up Cinderella dress. (thanks to Auntie Therese for helping her get fancy.)
Justin and I are finishing up a marriage seminar called "What Did You Expect" by Paul David Tripp. That's been occupying our Sunday evenings since September. And, wow, it's great teaching! I'm so glad we've prioritized going...it's been a huge blessing to our marriage. It's just good teaching to have on the brain when living day-to-day life! Are we sowing to the Kingdom of Self or to the Kingdom of God??

I've slowly but surely finished most of my house projects. Maybe I'll post some pictures of the living room...I'm liking how it has turned out. We've just given it a face-lift. New paint, a few pillows, throws, and curtains do a lot! We're getting ready to put a big vinyl scripture on the wall. I wish I knew how to post the ones I've designed on here...b/c we're having trouble deciding which one...and I could collect some votes..hmm... (Eph 2, Titus 3 or 1 John 4...selected verses about the Gospel) Let's see, what else? Oh, I touched up all my kitchen paint and all the white woodwork...enjoying the dent free walls for the time being, although we have had a few accidents that I'm going to have to spackle and re-paint. I only have the hallway left...maybe I could get that done before Thanksgiving?? Hmm...

I have an orchestra concert tomorrow...pretty intense one too. We're playing a Dvorak Symphony and accompanying on the 3rd Beethoven Piano Concerto...great music!

I just got Shoshanna Pearl Easling's "Making Babies" 3 DVD set. I've watched a lot of it and it's great information about health, herbs, healthy recipes, and pregnancy, of course. I'm glad that I have it as a future resource, not only for myself, but for my friends and my sisters.

Well, baby is quiet, so I'm off to get some zzz's before Church at 8:30 am...Goodnight!

1 comment:

Marli said...

you have such a sweet little family!

i love your family! we have you and your sisters dvd, eden string quartet, and we l-o-v-e it! :)

purposelyathome.blogspot.com