Monday, December 5, 2011

Happiness...

7 years ago yesterday (Dec. 4, 2004), I said "I do" to Justin Goff. Such a joyful day...and I tell him often I'm so glad we're married. I'm so thankful God invented marriage. We are learning what it means to love. It's definitely something that we learn. Going into marriage, we really didn't have a clue! Well, or, should I say, that everything we knew in theory became reality. It's lots harder to actually live out something verses just say it or know it mentally.
The past 7 years have had some transitions...four big ones, come to mind immediately. I am not the person I was 7 years ago, mainly because of my children. "Mommy boot camp" has a way of forcing a person out of their comfort zone...and pressing to the limits your physical, mental, and emotional well-being. I say that lovingly and with a smile. Motherhood has been one of the hardest, yet fruitful seasons of my life. Fruitful in all different aspects. I appreciate the side of Justin that parenting has brought out. We are learning together. It's very humbling. It's driving us to the Lord. That's a good place to be!



Praying that the Lord would show me how to be Jesus to my husband. I'm learning how to respect him, how to communicate clearly, what submission looks like. It's easy to know that we need to respect and submit to our husbands...but sometimes I'm not sure how it plays out in real life. That's what the Lord is teaching me. We're learning together. I'm glad Justin's gracious...and I'm very glad that the Lord is.


We celebrated our anniversary by attending Christmas Concert and going out for pizza afterwards. Not alone...but w/ the little people we love most plus my mom, grandma, and sister. A good celebration. 7 happy years...thanking the Lord today for that blessing!


3 comments:

HIS daughter said...

Awww this is such a sweet post :) My husband and I just recently celebrated out six month anniversary and so it is neat to read about some one six and a half years ahead of us and see how the Lord can work! We have our first little one due April so I will be interested to see how many the Lord blesses us with at the 7 year mark. :)
Blessings!
Katy

Vanderpolclan said...

Happy Anniversary!! This is a beautiful post Megan along with beautiful pictures to match.

Cindy

Leisel Spafford said...

Congratulations you guys!! You are a beautiful couple :)