Thursday, December 29, 2011

Part 1 of Family Trip 2011...

The 1st stop of our trip was the Creation Museum. We toured their dramatized Christmas Town on the evening we arrived. While we were walking through, the shepherds were excitedly telling us about the Messiah, and where we could find him. Right then, one of the shepherds looked at me and said, "Hey! Are you a Miller?" Turns out, that we had chatted w/ him at the ICHE Conference and he was also a friend of a friend's. :) Small world!
These are the pictures from the next day, when we toured the actual museum. The kids really liked it...it was their 1st time. We went at their pace...which meant we didn't stop and read every single thing. But that's ok...they got to "see" Adam and Eve, Noah, Methusulah, The Garden of Eden, The Ark, lots of Dinosaurs...and etc. The best thing was that everything was from a Biblical perspective. My favorites were the theater presentations and the Buddy Davis family music show. How fun! We're now Buddy Davis fans. ;)


Benjamin was a trooper! (although he's in the inconveniently loud stage for things that require a quiet audience...)




The Creation Museum is definitely a mustsee if you've never been! It's extremely well done and is a faith builder. ;) There is also another project that Answers in Genesis has started: a full size Noah's ark amusement park! Anyway...we will be going back...it was that good!

3 comments:

George said...

Fun! I've been thinking of you guys. K~

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan,
I have followed your blog after finding it on your Eden Quartet website. I have enjoyed your family's beautiful music for a number of years now--so much so that I think I've about worn out my cd of you all :)
Anyway, I wanted to tell you that we actually saw you all at the museum! I wanted to come over and introduce myself, but we were stuck in line for the planetarium. I would have really loved to have met you in person though!

Matthew n' Ashley said...

I've followed your blog for a couple of years now, but never commented on anything :-) But when I saw ya'll went to the Creation Museum, I wanted to say that, that is the BEST family trip EVER! Our family has made the trip up there once a year since it opened! So glad your family enjoyed it too!
(Buddy Davis IS pretty awesome) And CHRISTmas town is amazing as well.
Anyways, blessings in Christ,
Ashley