Saturday, January 28, 2012

Breakfast in bed..

The past 2 mornings I've awakened to glass bowls and spoons chinking together. My kids are on a breakfast-in-bed kick. Yesterday, Samuel served J and I a mug of dry rice krispies, coffee(he actually made a 12 cup pot by himself), a whole orange, a handful of craisens and shredded wheat. This morning, Madeline brought me a bowl of dry corn flakes. She and I had a little party in bed (w/ Benjamin too) Loved to see how delighted the kids were to serve us. I thought I'd never see the day... ha, ha! :)

3 comments:

Leisel Spafford said...

That is so adorable!! I remember when my sisters/brother and I would make Mom breakfast in bed...We would fix her a bowl of grape-nuts with honey and a cup of coffee that sometimes was barely recognizable, as coffee. My brother used to like to experiment with it and stick coconut, spices and sometimes food-coloring in it, to "enhance" the flavor. :0 Even though I am sure Mom was totally grossed out sometimes with our "creativity", she was always a trooper and graciously ate it anyway! ;)

Vanderpolclan said...

Megan, I love your attitude toward your kids. I love hearing you delight in them, instead of the mess they create - believe me, I know the mess they create, but still your love for them shines though.

Cindy

TulipGirl said...

My 11 year old is the BEST coffee maker in the world. Seriously, he'd get fab tips if he was a Sbux barista!

And tonight, the other boys made dinner for us all. I feel so spoiled by my kids.