Saturday, September 25, 2010

He's a he!

Well, here he is. The kids are excited, especially the boys. They said they're happy to have another boy to build forts with. Madeline's just happy it's a "bebe." So my "feeling" were accurage with this pregnancy and I definitely see a trend w/ my boy pregnancies. :) Also, my boys have been much active earlier than Madeline. I seriously felt this lil' guy at 15 weeks. Well, the consensus was that he has Samuel's nose and William's lips. We'll have to get out the kids' sono pictures and compare. I was shocked how much Samuel's little profile looked exactly like him after he was born. I'm glad I've kept all the boys' clothes and shoes. The bedroom situation, I'm going to have to think about. Although, he'll sleep in the bassinet for 4-6 months. I suppose the boys' beds will have to go vertical. And Madeline will get to be the princess of her room.

I already have a running list of to-do's for pre-baby. I had a list of labor questions for the midwife yesterday too. I'm not exactly sure why I'm thinking about that part already?! I've also started a book called "Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way" Anyone heard of it? It was recommended to me and I think I'm going to like it. The idea is husband-coached, non-medicated/non-intervention birth. My last birth had the least intervention and it was by far the best delivery and I felt the best afterward. I'm hoping this delivery goes a little faster, or at least that I can labor mostly at home before going to the hospital. We'll see, though, it's a completely separate event each time. I've learned that I can't bank on past experience...mine have all been different!

On another note, pregnancy, delivery, and caring for an infant, is the easy stuff when it comes to parenting. I know that sounds crazy to those who are in that stage right now, but seriously, nuturing, instructing, training, and discipling becomes very complex as babies grow into walking, talking, curious, children. The dynamics between multiple children proves quite interesting. There is never a dull moment and plently of teachable ones! It's easy for me to be so excited about a brand new baby. The infant stage is so sweet and short! The other 17 years of parenting this child, however, makes this task of mothering very daunting. Wow. All I can say, is that it's definitely a task that I'm not able to do in my own strength! And I'm very thankful God's wisdom and grace is there for the asking!


A mom to 3 boys, OH BOY! (Justinnnn! I need you! :)

5 comments:

Delilah said...

How precious, congrats:)

Micah said...

yeah!!! Madeline just needs more Zahavah time...thats all. Lucky girl gets her own room for awhile longer. Love u guys...so happy for you!!!!

Christine said...

Hi Megan! This is Christine Decker, even though it might show up as my daughter Madeline. My husband and I used the Bradley method with both of our children. I had two very large babies with no drugs and I am quite proud of that! It was a good fit for us at the time...the materials do have a tendency to condemn other birthing choices, which I didn't agree with. I remember eating lots of protein...my memory is sort of fuzzy since that was 12 years ago!
God bless you!!

Littlecarlotta said...

Congratulations on son number 3!! Gretchen and I were talking about how nice the baby stage is, the decisions are so simple.

aliza

Rose said...

I LOVE the newborn stage but found the sleep-deprivation very hard to cope with. Congratulations!