Monday, September 27, 2010

Correction...

I was thinking about something I posted the other day about pregnancy, birth, and babies being "easy" Well, I should clarify that it's NOT an easy stage. It can actually be very hard: physically, emotionally, and mentally. (esp. if there's other children running around!) My pregnancies have been uneventful and healthy...something I don't want to take for granted!Sleep patterns and nursing took awhile to establish w/ my babies. I'm sure I'll be reminded how challenging that stage can be at various times here in a few months. For me, it's the transition period (the 1st month or 2) that's the trickiest.
I should've used the word, "simple" to describe that stage. Baby needs to eat, sleep, be changed, and loved, of course. However, my children, have become more complex as they've gotten older. Behavior, speech, and attitudes are not simple things. I'm amazed at how puzzling parenting can be when dealing w/ multiple children, different personalities, interesting bro/sis dynamics, and their willfulness...and trying to juggle all of it at the same time! Knowing how to deal w/ it all is hard and I often think of how I should've handled something when I'm laying in bed at night thinking about the events of the day. I'm so thankful I'm not alone in this parenting journey. Thank the Lord for husbands, eh?! Justin always has the simplest solutions.
Anyway...just wanted to clarify what I meant to communicate. :)

No comments: