Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Little Girl w/ a curl...and Laundry!

These pictures don't really do Madeline's hair justice...but it was so curly...and there was one in the middle of her forehead!




On another note...
Laundry...
Some days, I think I could hire a laundress...ah wishful thinking!
W/ the birth of each child, I've been amazed at the volume increase in laundry (and the H2O bill,even!)
My solution: dump it all on the bed...out of sight, out of mind...till bedtime, that is.
And at which point, my husband, who never does laundry unless I'm not home, actually helped me fold it all! There were several loads of baby laundry and the regular laundry had gotten severely backed up. It was wonderful to have help...the boys even wandered out of their beds to help...but I can't say their motive was entirely pure. They've all of a sudden decided that laundry and dishes are fun to help w/ after they're supposed to be in bed. :)
I can't imagine families that are 2 or 3 times the size of ours...laundry everywhere! Or maybe there's a better system?? :)

Seriously it was a mountain...and this is only 1d. :)


5 comments:

Elaine said...

Laundry is such a big pain. And I have found it to increase with each child and also during the winter season. Our little system is to have my five year old empty all the dirty laundry baskets every morning and help me sort it. Then throughout our homeschooling if I have a minute, I start and transfer a load. I usually aim for 2-3 loads a day. I randomly assign a boy to bring in the dryer load to the couch and then have my older two boys put away their own clothes. I realized I was really slacking on my five and three year old. They could probably start putting away more of their clothes too. Funny how the younger ones get away with learning chores later. :) I try to put away the remaining family members clothes when I get another free moment. All of this could get crazy though since we just found out we are having twin boys in July!
Blessings on you and your family as you welcome your new little one.

Micah said...

When I posted on facebook that I did all my laundry in one day...so many people thought I was NUTS. So this past week, I tried to do one loud a day. I must say...it does make it feel less overwhelming. And it takes seconds to put away one load a day vs all in one day. I'm going to try it again this coming weeka and see. I think I might switch up my ways! ;)

Leah Sweeney said...

haha, megan, don't you remember living at home!?!

nathan and i do about 3 loads of laundry a week. wouldn't that be nice? :-)

busymama431 said...

I remember the laundry at home...but it's not quite the same as if it is YOUR laundry...as in, if I don't do it, it won't get done. (and it will get stinky, moldy, continue to back-up and...cost $$$ to replace) Ha! I remember the brief no-kids days of marriage...kinda ;) I suppose lots of laundry = that I'm rich in children and babies. Definitely wouldn't trade it...but, the laundress idea...hmmm. :) Sounds appealing!

Anonymous said...

No, sadly there is no perfect system. With 11 of us I am pretty much doing laundry all the time. Our school table is also my laundry table. I do this on purpose so I am forced to stay on top of things. Each morning the table must be cleared and the laundry put away before they can start school. The lonely sock club basket is out of control and I don't think I will ever get a handle on that one. Some days I get discouraged, but mostly I just try to stay positive and offer it up. I wish that I was a better delegater like Mrs. Duggar, but more often then not I find it easier to just do most of the laundry and kitchen chores myself.