Friday, January 21, 2011

Wow, I'm due for an update!

So, this past month hasn't been too interesting. We've enjoyed being a family with Justin home. I feel like I'm on easy street, just to have another adult around. Justin helps so much with the kids...especially with taking the boys out and getting them to work or get fresh air!
We went to Indy for a few days with the kids. We enjoyed the indoor waterpark and the children's museum. And up until this week, we've stayed healthy. I have been reluctant to tell people, when they ask if we're staying healthy, b/c it seems that as soon as I say, "Oh, yeah, we're healthy...my kids haven't caught a thing!" that we get sick. Same goes for a baby sleeping though the night. Those 2 subjects, I should not brag about. :)
Baby #4 is due in 2 1/2 weeks. The midwife reports are good and they're predicting an 8.5 lb baby, if he waits till his due date. This pregnancy has been my best one...maybe b/c it's not the dead of summer?? :) I'm very thankful for an uncomplicated pregnancy. Everything is a go for avoiding another c-section, so hopefully all will go smoothly. I suppose I should take some end-of-pregnancy pictures. Maybe if I'm still plumply pregnant when my photographing sister gets home, I'll have her snap a few.
Samuel is reading more fluently and steadily progressing on piano. We're spending some time each day on reading, phonics, and piano...although, he's not technically in kindergarten yet. The other project we're tackling as a family is reading through the Bible in a year. It has been a great blessing so far. The kids ask lots of questions and there's some great vocabulary in the KJV version! I think Genesis is packed full of some great stories!
I've gotten lots of things done on my "to-do" list before the baby comes. I still have more to do, though. It's funny how I get in the mode of wanting things "just so" before a new baby comes. When really, they're not going to know whether the house is a wreck or the laundry is piled up. I suppose it's b/c I know I won't get to certain projects if I don't do them now.
Well, that's about all I can think of for now. I think I've lacked motivation for posting pictures b/c of the time of year...pasty white, around-the-house pictures. :) I need to read the instructions for my new camera/video camera so I can post those, and get ready for some newborn baby pictures!
I can't get pictures to upload, so I'll have to try later...

1 comment:

busymama431 said...

Laura, my mom was 44 when Eva was born :)