Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lil' Things...

Life is in the little moments...the details. I don't want to forget!

Like my 5 year old, who made his bed and went to feed the chickens without being asked. He wore his army pjs and his gum boots. *smile* (Me: "Yessss"!)

A Grandma who lives next door and invites my children for breakfast nearly every morning...

My sweet 3 and 2 year olds who clip-clomp over in their gum boots, hoods flapping and curly hair flying...

My girly who decided to wear her collared pj shirt under her collared white dress shirt w/ a pair of jeans. "I wear this under," she said. ("Alrighty...we'll roll w/ it!" smile:)

A 3 year old who says embarrassing things without realizing...(like tellling my grandma that her pants are too tight and telling a girlfriend how he likes to pick his nose...)

A Baby Boy who is warming the middle of my king size bed with his lil' self...completely sacked out. So cute! (and ooh, how I'd like to go crawl back in bed and get a few more hrs of zzz...'s)

Big blue eyes and a curly head of hair that look at me so earnestly while I help her get dressed.

Toys and strollers left outside...

Long days...short nights...lots of little memories...don't let me forget!

3 comments:

Aliza said...

I've been meaning to leave a comment..but I'm just now getting to it! Anyway, congratulations on your new arrival! I was glad to hear that his birth was one of your easier. My midwife told me that the 4th child is usually an indiction of how the rest of your births will go. Hope that's true :)

Aliza

George and Krista said...

Aaawww...your kiddos are so cute! (even when they say embarrassing things:) Miss ya sis! Hope you're having a great day.

love,
K~

Rose said...

When my babies were infants somebody wisely told me to "remember that the days are long but the years are short." that encouraged me to try to take in each moment and just enjoy each stage no matter how tired I felt.