Friday, June 17, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Sleep is a wonderful thing! Sometimes when I see Benjamin all sacked out mid-morning, I wish I could join him. That's one beautiful thing w/ only 1 baby, you CAN sleep when they sleep--any time of day. Now w/ 4 munchkins, naps are usually a thing of the past, although most days, I feel I could use one. I remind myself, that I won't die from sleep deprivation. :) Sleeping beauties. It's funny how many things you "know" about parenting the "right way" BEFORE kids arrive. Once they're here, you realize how very little you know, how much you have to learn, and the "rules" you made for yourself and the "I'd never allow my kids to do ______" fly out the window. And here's proof: co-sleeping! (FYI: we do not start out like this at bedtime. It's always interesting to see where everyone's at, come morning. Usually Samuel is in our bed, too. Justin and I are on the edges, and William's ALWAYS snoozin' in his own bed) But aren't they cute? :) I love it when they're sleeping!

Another snoozin' picture...Benjamin at 4 months...

We had a very fun time as a family camping out at my parents' cabin. It's the perfect mini-vacation: free and close to home! I'm not sure why we haven't done this before. Well, I think it's because I'm always pregnant, nursing, or have a toddler. Well, we went all together, in spite of a nursing baby, and had a great time!

Samuel and Daddy got in some t-ball practice time.

Mommy and Benjamin- self-portrait



S'mores=sticky!! But they were good!

Love this lil' guy!



Uncle Max came and hung out w/ us, for a little while...







Fixin' our health food. :)





All in all, it was a fun weekend! Hope we can do that again soon, before it gets too hot. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, that lloks like SOOO much FUN!!! Glad you had a fantastic mini-vacation!! ;)

Leisel Spafford said...

How special...Family vacation's are so much fun! In my family it is the event most looked forward to every year...Our traditional spot is a cabin by the ocean; we have made the most wonderful memories there...One of them being, roasting s'mores on the beach... no vacation is complete without that! ;)