Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I love this list from Revive our Hearts...I "stole" it from Heather Patenaude's blog :)

A woman who does not have sound thinking (Self-Control):
is impulsive
lacks discretion
follows worldly philosophies
is driven by her flesh
lacks follow-through
is self-centered
is discontented
has emotions controlled by circumstances
seeks escapism from problems
is easily provoked
falls apart in a crisis
easily loses hope
says whatever she thinks without thinking first
is highly opinionated
speaks roughly with profane or crass talk
is overly concerned about what other people think
has unpredictable behavior
is morally careless
procrastinates
is given to extremes
is a pleasure seeker
is easily distracted
yields easily to temptation
struggles to develop consistent life disciplines
enjoys mindless entertainment
looks for the easy way out
thinks about the short-term rather than the long-term
is demanding
fritters away time
makes decisions based on what is easiest

A woman who does have sound thinking (Self-Control):
is restrained in:
her thoughts
her tongue
her eating
her spending
her reactions
is calm under pressure
is purposeful in the use of her time
is a good steward
is morally chaste
has a well-ordered life
show good judgment
doesn't "lose it" under pressure
responds in faith versus fear
guards her heart and mind
evaluates what she reads or hears in light of Scripture
is mentally disciplined
resists temptation
shows delayed gratification
demonstrates others-centered living
is diligent and faithful in her responsibilities
is intentional
is modest in dress and behavior
hopes in God
gives thanks in all things
makes wise, biblical decisions
prays
demonstrates the Spirit controlling her flesh

3 comments:

Micah said...

Hmmmm...I will venture to say that every woman falls into the top part...(does not have sound mind) from time to time...and those who say they do not...are in denial! Isn't it a fantastic blessing that God's grace is sufficient for all. I am nothing without Him. I cannot be of sound mind without Him! :)

AZ Homeschoolers said...

I printed this up and pasted one on my cupboard and the other at my 12-year-old's desk. I shared it with my girlfriends who thought it was fabulous. Thank you!
Dawn
Phoenix, AZ

Anonymous said...

Very good stuff Meg...I'm going to re-blog it to my blog. Thanks!
I enjoyed your Christmas photos as well. You look great! I just turned 44 on the 1st, so my two year spacing may be either on hold, or I may be done. It's all in God's hands. How old was your beautiful mama when she had your baby sister Eva?
Laura